Monday, October 18, 2010

TAKE IT OFF!



Not really...but that's kinda how I'm feelin' lately. I don't mean my clothes TAKE IT OFF, I mean my fears, insecurities and worries about the things that I cannot control. Taking off the fear and doubt and letting GOD be more powerful in my life and trusting that my life has a purpose.

I have been working like a mad man lately to get some songs done that a Producer (who shall remain unnamed) sent me. He found me on Twitter, and has worked with a pretty major Top 40 artist. Well, needless to say, we went back and forth and this all took place over a month ago. Long story short I was able to send him my first song this past Friday.

He said that the song was "Dope," and that I should keep my catalogue growing. I asked about working with him further, which was my hope all along, but alas that's not what he had in mind. Can't say I wasn't a bit upset, but what can ya do right? So, on to the next opportunity!

I sent the song I sent the original producer to some other industry folks and so far Kandi Buruss (platinum writer for TLC, Mariah Carey etc also a real housewife of Atlanta) said that my first ever solo lyric composition was great! I was so honored and humbled that she took the time to listen to me and actually give me feedback!

Essentially, I'm not giving up on the dream yet, nor will I ever. I have prayed and fasted and I know that God will allow what is supposed to happen in my life with me...HAPPEN. I still feel like that 19 yr old kid some days who had a developmental deal from Warner Brothers and one of the most successful song writer/producers in the industry wanting to work with me.

Basically the lesson I've learned...IRONICALLY from the producer who just opted to not work with me, is "Don't place all your eggs in a shaky basket."

Wise words in fact. I suppose the music industry isn't what it used to be, and perhaps I have in fact missed my window of opportunity, but no one can break my spirits and take away my ability to dream about what can be. I am learning you have to MAKE your opportunities happen sometimes and not just sit there with a thumb up your bum. Take initiative and go for it. What have I got to lose?

I will keep on trucking away at this crazy industry called music, and maybe one day soon, I will be able to garner some success and bless my loved ones.

So on that note, I leave you with a song by Ke$ha that I tried working on. It's called TAKE IT OFF...enjoy!!!

CLICK HERE for TAKE IT OFF by Bobby Adan

No comments: