Monday, August 2, 2010

DON'T LIKE YOU...

Noooo not YOU...the chick in my song. I began working on a cool funky Urban/Electro POP song called "DON'T LIKE YOU".

The premise of the song is about a guy (totally relatable for the ladies too) who is in a relationship where the honeymoon phase is over. We've ALL been there. In fact, the girl he started out loving is now on her way out the door for being an overbearing, greedy, needy, gold digging CHICK.

I told my wife about my song concept last night and IMMEDIATELY she was like "Is this song about me?!" LOLOLOLOL! Oh my baby...I love her forever.

I actually sent the rough draft to my producer extraordinaire, Todd Nystrom, and he thinks it's a promising POP effort. I'm excited! If anyone knows a good POP song it's Todd. He produced my whole album, engineered it, produced my vocals, arranged harmonies and all! I definitely respect his opinion and till this day he's the best producer I've had the honor of working with. He's kinda like the Max Martin to My Britney Spears you could say. Now all I need is the funky-cool-quirky track. Stay tuned on that.

The weekend was AMAZING too! I sang at the grand finale Derby in Calhan Colorado in front of a SOLD OUT CROWD! I will have the video up this week hopefully since my computer crashed last week. Anyway, the song went well considering I was still getting over the bug I had earlier in the week. I sang my little heart out and hit some great power notes that I cannot WAIT for you to hear. Here's a pic of me in the booth taken from the beautiful/radio star and announcer for the evening, Wendy LaBree!



Ya know, I have to say when an artist sings the National Anthem, you can really separate the fat from the cream vocally. It is a difficult song, particularly if you sing it acapella like I did.

Other than that, I did another 12 miles on my bike in beautiful Colorado, and it was SUPERB. I got on the scale this morning and was down another 6 LBS! All this out door activity is paying off I think. About to hit up Gold's Gym tonight for some Chest, bi's, tri's and abs. Have a wonderful week friends!

No comments: